Comunidades de Imperial Immigrant Economic Relief Fund (CIIERF)
The Comunidades de Imperial Immigrant Economic Relief Fund, a project of Comite Civico del Valle, has launched the CIIERF to provide grants of up to $500 to immigrants in Imperial Valley who have lost all or part of their income due to the coronavirus pandemic, along with other emergencies that may arise in the future.
Many immigrants across Imperial Valley have had their hours reduced, are temporarily out of work, or have lost their jobs altogether. Some of the workers may be eligible to apply for unemployment, food stamps and other benefits; however, some immigrant workers are ineligible for certain federal and state benefits. While some resources are available to help people pay bills and rent, there is little or no monetary support going directly to families who are left without money to cover their basic needs. The Comunidades de Imperial Immigrant Relief Fund aims to help fill the gap, providing assistance to people in need.
To be eligible for the fund, immigrants must meet the following criteria:
- Live in Imperial Valley
- Have experienced a loss of income due to reduced hours, temporarily not working, or loss of job because of the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Be an adult 18 years plus.
- Preference will be given to those who are unable to qualify for other benefits. (CARES Act Stimulus, Unemployment Insurance)
- Priority will be given to applicants with more than one dependent.
- The grant will be a one-time grant, one per individual.
- ority will go to households who have not yet received a grant from this fund.
To apply to the fund, click here.APPLY