Applications Due: December 4, 2020 at 11:59pm
Comite Civico del Valle, in partnership with The California Wellness Foundation, The Latino Community Foundation, and The California Endowment, have launched HEAL to provide grants from $5,000 up to $15,000 to community groups working to address community needs around COVID-19, health, social justice, food access, housing, chronic disease, environmental pollution, labor conditions, legal aid, along with other community needs.
This grant program will support projects that aim to meet the needs of Imperial County community members that are underserved and that have been severly impacted by COVID-19 and economic hardship. A priority of HEAL is to help grassroots community groups to build their capacity to help communities with the goal to improve their quality of life and health.
For questions, call at
(760) 351-8761ext. 115 or send an email to Christian Torres, firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up here to register for a one-on-one call: http://bit.ly/IVHEALTA
- Join us for a workshop on Zoom in English: Thursday, November 19 from 5:30 p.m - 6:30 p.m and in Spanish: Friday, November 13 from 10:00 a.m - 1:00 a.m.
- To register in English: http://bit.ly/HEAL_IV_ENG
- To register in Spanish http://bit.ly/HEAL_IV_ESP
- View the HEAL Grants Program FAQ
Programs/projects we are likely to fund
- Established 501(c)3 organizations or identified fiscal sponsored
- Demonstrated need for the program or project
- Demonstrated capacity of the organization to deliver quality programming and meet established goals
- Potential for positive social benefit across broad and diverse populations
- Demonstrated commitment to a positive relationship/track record with the community
- Organizations addressing community needs around COVID-19, health, social justice, food access, housing, chronic disease, environmental pollution, labor conditions, legal aid, along with other community needs
- Organizations serving vulnerable and underserved populations in the Imperial border region (i.e., Latino immigrant families, lowincome families, and agricultural workers)
- Application due: December 4, 2020 at 11:59pm
- Applications are reviewed: December 7 - 31, 2020
- Projects selected are announced: January 2021